Grant Name: CanExport
Country: Canada – Nationwide
Information Link: https://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/funding-financement/canexport/applicant-guide-requerant.aspx?lang=eng&_ga=2.4171760.1184362028.1551078758-983102867.1547808572#a2
To be considered for possible funding, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a for-profit company;
- Be an incorporated legal entity or a limited liability partnership (LLP);
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number;
- Have a maximum of 500 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees.
- Have no less than $100,000 and no more than $100 million in annual revenue declared in Canada during its last complete fiscal year. The CanExport program reserves the right to validate this through the company’s Financial Statements.
To be eligible, activities must aim to promote international business development and must go beyond the applicant’s core activities, represent new initiatives and provide an opportunity to yield incremental results. They also should happen entirely within the timeframe of the project. For illustrative purposes, these activities could include:
- Business travel;
- Participation at trade fairs;
- Market research;
- Adaptation of marketing tools for a new market; and
- Legal fees associated with a distribution/representation agreement.
Eligible expenditures are shared up to a maximum of 50 percent between the CanExport program and the applicant. For illustrative purposes, please see the following examples of eligible expenses:
- Travel for meetings/events with key contacts from target market(s)
- Travel is reserved for Canadian employees or owners of the applicant working in Canada.
- Travel is reserved for maximum of two (2) employees or owners of the applicant. Only the cost of return economy class airfare from Canada for the direct route to the target market is eligible. Applicants are expected to provide reasonable, economy airfare estimates in their application and that take into account advance booking, where possible.
If a traveller chooses to use another form of transportation, such as bus, train or car rental, to travel to an event as an alternative to flying, the claimed expense cannot exceed the equivalent direct route economy class airfare . If the amount is deemed excessive, the applicant will be expected to provide economy airfare estimates.
CanExport uses a per diem rate of $400 per employee per day to cover the costs of accommodation, meals and incidentals . Those fees are covered for a maximum of two employees or owners working for the company and cannot be claimed for consultants.
Note: receipts will not be required for meals and incidentals; however, applicants will be asked to keep proofs of stay (e.g., accommodation receipt, airline ticket).
Cost for ground transportation (taxi, car rental, train or internal flights).
Government of Canada
1 866 203 2454